Residential Seasonal Tips
It is essential that homeowners follow manufacturer's routine maintenance directions, and have the entire system checked once a year by a qualified service technician.
Check Your Filters
- Permanent filters can be cleaned with mild detergent, per manufacturer's recommendations, every 30 to 60 days.
- Replaceable filters should be replaced every 30 to 60 days.
Check Your Windows and Doors
- Keep them closed when your system is running.
- Caulk and weatherstrip your windows and doors to close air gaps.
- Close drapes and shades over windows facing the sun.
Manage your Daily Activities
- During cooling season, don't wash/dry clothes during warmest times of the day, which is typically late morning and afternoon.
- When cooking, use your exhaust fan only as needed.
- Keep your thermostat at a desired setting.